Did you know cleaning products impact your health & breathing?
Chemicals from many popular cleaning products can evaporate into the air while using them or sometimes even while being stored. They contain VOCs – volatile organic compounds – such as acetone, benzene and formaldehyde. Instead, shift to natural cleaning.
6 TIPS to create a healthy home with natural cleaning.
- High quality essential oils are a natural way to kill bacteria, viruses and more! They are highly concentrated and can be 50-70x more powerful than herbs.
- Vinegar is often used as a glass and window cleaner due to its ability to produce a “streak-free” shine. It is highly acidic making it effective at destroying bacteria.
- Borax is a naturally occurring powdered substance and is often used as a water softener. It also makes an excellent laundry freshener. The chemical properties of borax make it a good cleaner as well as a bleaching agent
- Several essential oils have natural disinfectant properties such as wild orange, OnGuard, cinnamon, lemon, lavender, frankincense, and many others. Use premade product with these oils, or create your own. These oils limit the bacteria’s ability to grow, reproduce or kill it completely!
- Buy several large spray bottles (glass or stainless steel).
Recipe – Combine 2 cups of distilled water with 1/2 cup white vinegar and 10 drops Lemon or any other citrus essential oil. An easy, great way to clean.
Recipe – Freshen your air by simply adding 15 drops each of Wild Orange and Peppermint to an 8 oz. glass spray bottle of distilled water and spray away.
- Try diffusing essential oils instead of candles. Certain candles may emit numerous types of potentially hazardous chemicals and can cause damage to the brain, lung and central nervous system, plus cause developmental difficulties. Instead of risking your family’s health, support it with this Cozy Home Diffusing Blend. This blend smells amazing and helps to naturally clean the air.
Recipe – Simply add 3 drops of Wild Orange, 2 drops of Cassia, and 2 drops of Cedarwood essential oils into your diffuser. Transform your home into fall tranquility.
Breathe easier with natural cleaning. Keep your lungs healthy, your home clean and smelling wonderful!!! For more cleaning recipes and everyday essentials, come visit my library.
For natural cleaning products, come visit my shop or email me. I’d love to help you.
* Tip: Diffusing is a great way to start. These statements are intended to support general wellness and have not been evaluated by the FDA. Always seek medical attention as necessary.